8.27.2007

Fred to Announce in Early September?

That's what NRO's Jim Geraghty seems to think:

I would be really, really shocked if Thompson didn't announce sometime between Labor Day (September 3) and Petraeus's testimony, which is, last I heard, is going to be September 10 or 11.
We'll see how good a political prognosticator Geraghty is, I guess.

Update and Bump: Apparently, Geraghty may be on to something. We have this from RealClearPolitics.com:
Sources tell numerous outlets that Thompson will announce his campaign September 4th, and that he will participate in his first debate on September 27 at Morgan State University in Baltimore. His first major appearance at a GOP event will be at the Mackinac Republican Leadership Conference in Michigan around a week earlier.
I'll be watching the news as closely as I can without getting the boss mad at me next Tuesday.